VP HSEQ & ESG
HSEQ - Skien
Agility Subsea Fabrication is a world leading fabricator of subsea template and manifold systems, subsea processing systems and SURF structures.
Our production is recognized for its world-class product quality and delivery excellence, which makes us a preferred supplier for both national and international companies in the oil and gas industry.
Agility Subsea Fabrication employees close to 180 skillful and dedicated people, working at the company's two yards in Norway - located in Tønsberg and at Røra in Skien.
Agility Subsea Fabrication is looking for a strategic, motivated and experienced Vice President HSEQ & ESG to join our leadership team.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP HSEQ & ESG will have a broad range of responsibilities, with numerous connections within the Moreld Group and externally toward authorities, clients and contractors.
As an ethical and transparent company, our client recognizes the world is facing a serious challenge from climate change influenced by human activity. As a result, they are now seeking to integrate the challenges and opportunities that climate change and the global energy transition may present, into their core business strategy.
This leadership position will be responsible for shaping and delivering an industry-leading position for the business on climate and environment. The VP will act as the in-house subject matter expert and will engage at the Board as well as with department heads, investors, industry associations.
Essential Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Lead engagement with stakeholders on climate and environment - including investors, suppliers, business partners, host governments, local communities, industry organizations, and international scientific and environmental organizations.
- Conduct scenario planning and work with the management team to integrate conclusions into core business strategy.
- Provide expert advice across functions to reduce operational emissions as well as with business partners and suppliers.
- Lead ESG reporting efforts.
- Develop and oversee leading-edge carbon offset projects.
- Monitor climate and environmental policy trends and help to manage any associated operational or reputational risks-updating or introducing policies, standards or practices as necessary.
Additional Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Under broad direction, lead, direct and manage the Health, Safety, Quality and ESG programs.
- Direct the implementation and monitoring of the integrated management system.
- Liaise with customers and government departments on HSEQ & ESG matters, including regulatory permits and authorizations.
- Maintain and test the emergency response plans of the organization, serving as incident manager when required.
- Make regular trips to Key Sub Contractor locations to provide HSE leadership and enforcement of the HSEQ & ESG Programs.
- Manage the assurance program of HSEQ & ESG inspections and audits.
- Analyze balanced performance measures for HSEQ & ESG.
- Develop and implement HSEQ & ESG improvement plans.
- Provide HSEQ & ESG input to tenders and contract reviews.
- Develop and implement HSEQ & ESG training programs for employees.
- Lead incident investigation reports.
- Personally lead investigation of significant incidents.
- Work with the Region HSEQ Manager, Global HSE and Quality teams , customers and regulatory bodies to ensure consistent application and understanding of standards, rules and requirements.
- Maintain the integrated management system certification to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Represent the Company by participating in industry HSE forums.
- Develop, implement and monitor HSE initiatives in alignment with global HSE strategies.
Work Experience and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in HSEQ related field with management experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the climate and environmental policy field.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in an HSE related field, Science, Engineering or Business Management.
- Completion of a post-graduate degree in HSE related field, Science, Engineering or Business Management is preferred.
- Professional HSE certification/training, excellent knowledge of Norwegian HSE regulations.
- Incident investigation methods (e.g. 5 WHY, TapRootÒ).
- Competence in certifying management systems to relevant ISO standards is desirable.
- Managing audit and inspection programs.
- Managing incident investigations.
- Knowledge of OSPAR and REACH is desirable.
- Coaching and mentoring HSEQ professionals.
- Fluent spoken and written Norwegian and English language skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with all levels of an organization and customers.
- Engaging presentation skills.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
- Managing multiple projects to deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Able to motivate and coach teams for success.
- Collaborative team-player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive decision maker.
- Strategic, analytical and systematic in their evaluation of risks.
- The position requires that you champion the Company's HSE procedures.
- Experience in managing small teams in a matrix organization required.
- Original, creative thinker with the ability to formulate and express a contrarian viewpoint.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Agility Subsea Fabrication produce world class equipment, which we are proud of.
Together with dedicated colleagues, you will have the possibility to influence and develop our future and the road ahead.
We offer a work environment characterized by enthusiasm, people who love what they do and team spirit.
It is our wish, and hope, that you will contribute to this on a day to day basis.